You may participate in work-based training activities under the Training Visa subclass 407. These activities are intended in Australia to improve your employability, degree level, expertise area or professional development training program.
What can you do on Training Visa Subclass 407?
Depending on the type of training, a traineeship visa may allow an applicant to remain in Australia for up to two years.
Nomination requirements are different depending on the purpose or type of training.
There are 3 types of occupational training covered by this visa:
• Occupational training required for registration
• Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
• Occupational training for capacity building overseas.
This includes overseas qualification, government support or professional.
What are the eligibility criteria for this visa?
• Nominated (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
• Invited if your sponsor is the Commonwealth government agency.
• At the time of application for a visa, 18 years of age or older.
The visa application charge for this visa type is $405 for the main applicant. If you apply for family members such as your partner or a dependent child, these will be subject to additional charge of $405 for the additional applicant who is 18 years or above and $105 for the additional applicant under 18 years of age.
Currently, 90% of the applications are being processed in 60 days for 407 visa subclass.