If you are an overseas worker with qualified skills then apply for Skilled Independent Visa and get opportunity to work and be a Permanent Resident in Australia.
Why Skilled Independent Visa?
This stream offers point-based visa, and allows the skilled workers who are not sponsored by a company, a relative, or the state or territorial government. It enables the skilled workers to stay and work permanently in Australia.
Expression of interest (EOI) for the Skilled Independent (Points-tested) stream must be submitted.
You might qualify to apply for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (New Zealand) stream if you are a citizen of New Zealand. You can be onshore or offshore while applying for this visa where onshore applicant must hold a substantive visa.
Eligibility Criteria for 189 Visa?
Points – tested stream applicant must:
• Have relevant occupation as per the Skilled Occupation List
• Have a skills assessment for the relevant occupation by relevant assessing authority
• Have Competent English
• Meet the points test with 65 points
• Be invited to apply
• Be under age of 45 years
• Meet the health and character requirements
• Not have a visa cancellation or Visa refusal
New Zealand stream applicant must:
• Have a New Zealand Special Category Visa
• Have been staying in Australia for minimum 5 years
• Have been started living in Australia before 19th February 2016
What you can do with a 189 visa?
This is a permanent Visa which allows you to:
• Stay in Australia indefinitely
• Work and Study in Australia
• Can apply for Medicare
• Can Sponsor the eligible relatives for PR
• If eligible than can Apply for Australian citizenship.
• Can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for 5 years after the visa grant.