A child visas 802 and 101 allow a qualified parent to sponsor the dependent child for an indefinite period of stay in Australia.
A child less than 18 years of age may be applied for by the parent. If the child is in Australia, a 802 visa and a 101 visa are applicable if the child is outside of Australia. The two visas enable applicants to live in Australia with their parents permanently.
To apply for this visa type, you need:
• The dependent child must be dependent on their parent who is an Australian citizen, an eligible New Zealand citizen, or Permanent Resident.
• The child must be sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner.
• The child must be single and must be under 18 years of age.
• If the child is adopted, then he or she must be below the age of 18 at the time of application.
• If the child is above 18 and under 25 than he or she must be full-time student and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.
The visa application charge for this visa type is $3,055 for the main applicant. There is also charge for each of the child’s dependent children who apply for the visa.
Currently, 90% of the application under this visa type is processed in 19 months.