The adoption visa subclass 102 allows such children to reside in Australia when they are adopted or will be adopted by an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia and an eligible New Zealand citizen. An application on behalf of a child is normally lodged by the adoption parent, who shall be responsible for sponsoring that child.
An application for a visa may be submitted before the adoption has been completed in case of State or territory adoption authorities is adopting a child.
What does Adoption Visa Subclass 102 Offers?
• For an indefinite period, live, study, and work in Australia.
• To obtain health insurance through the Medicare system of Australia, for medical care and expenses.
• To apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.
• Sponsoring eligible relatives for permanent residence.
• Travel in and out from Australia for five years from the date visa is granted.
To apply for this visa, the parent and child must be:
• The parent must be 18 years old and can be an Australian citizen, holder of permanent resident visa or eligible New Zealand citizen.
• The child must be adopted, or the parent must have followed the process of adopting a child under the Australian state or territory adoption authorises.
• The child must be under 18 years of age at time of application and at the time of visa grant also.
• The child must be living outside of Australia.
• The child must be adopted or in the process of being adopted by the sponsor.
• The must meet the health and character requirements.
The visa application charge for this visa type is $3,055 for the main applicant. There is also charge for each of the child’s dependent children who apply for the visa.
Currently, 90% of the application under this visa type is processed in 23 months.